Friday, August 22, 2008

The Queen of the Low Probability Evenet

So my heart is totally normal, leaving us (Bill, the docs, and me) all standing around scratching our heads. The weird thing about the edema is that is is worse on my left side, which calls the central venous catheter, the line through which I get my TPN, into the line-up of suspects. The line was not in the right spot a few weeks ago when we checked it by X-ray but since it was infusing fine, we left it alone. Now we wonder if the problem is that it is in too small of a vein or there's a clot somewhere. There was no way the problem was going to get resolved on a Friday afternoon so my guess is that I'll be getting a new line next week. Fortunately, it's easier to replace a line than place one de novo.

I swear my body just sits around dreaming up weird outcomes just to keep us all on our toes.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: